Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Seek me TODAY & trust me for TOMORROW".. God

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 4:51am

Ok, so when God challenged me a few weeks ago to seek him TODAY and trust Him for TOMORROW, he meant it!! Literally!! For the past 6 weeks, I have been in Kampala, Uganda! After the Watoto conference I stayed on volunteering primarily in the youth department and then a little with events in preparation for Joyce Meyer's visit. I have had a fabulous time.. the ministry is great and the staff are awesome! I have enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones! God is moving in Watoto and it's such a privilege to be here!

Last week, Joyce Meyer was the guest speaker at KPC's (Kampala Pentecostal Church) Daughter's of Destiny service, a regular women's ministry. Approx 6-7000 women attended, with the majority of women outside in the parking lot overflow area watching the big screen. What an incredible evening of God gathering His daughters that He might speak life and truth to us, through the mouthpiece of a fellow sister in Christ, Joyce Meyer! God is moving..

Then on Friday and Saturday she travelled north to the town of Gulu in Northern Uganda for 2 amazing days of ministry. On Saturday there was over 130,000 people in attendance, which we later learned that it was the largest gathering EVER in that region!! Wow! The largest ever! And it was not for political reasons or anything else, but a gathering for the GOSPEL! Joyce preached a message close to her heart.. and a timely message for the people of Gulu who have been oppressed and abused for far too long. May this be another step in the healing process for God's people in Gulu! Joyce has partnered with Watoto as they are bringing solution to the needs of former child soldiers, orphans, widows, men, women, children.. all precious to God! God has given to his church the com+mission and the privilege of being his hands, his feet, his mouthpiece and his heart to those who are hurting and wondering 'God, why me?'. He hears their cry.. He feels their hurt.. and He sees their broken heart.. God is moving..

Then on Sunday, Joyce returned to Kampala for a city wide crusade held at Namboole Stadium where thousands gathered once again in the presence of God. It was a simple yet powerful moment when Pastor Gary made mention that this stadium has been used for a variety of purposes, lifting voices in praise of sporting athletes, famous individuals etc, but on that day, we were gathered as one body for the sole purpose of bringing glory to the name of Jesus!! In that setting of many gathered, it was just a glimpse of heavenly worship.. many voices.. one Jesus! Hillsong London, along with KPC choir led the music and prepared the way of worship before Joyce came to share the message. Joyce was blunt, real and to the point. It's one thing to say you're a Christian, but what does it mean to be a serious Christian? Do we live a life of obedience, integrity, honesty, purity?? ...consistently?? And often obedience doesn't always FEEL good, but God demands it.. If we waited til it felt warm and fuzzy, then we'd never move forward! So basically 'Get serious!'.. May we not be one person in public and a different in private.. May we not be one person at work but different in the home.. May we not speak one thing and live another.. May we not talk the 'talk', yet fail to walk the 'walk' - that walk of integrity, love and uprightness of heart.. that which is pleasing to the Lord.

My prayer is that people came not simply for Joyce but to hear from God... my prayer is that what was spoken on Sunday would be lived out from Monday to Sunday.. and my prayer is that we as His people 'gathered' would go out and powerfully reflect Christ as we live our lives 'scattered' across Kampala, Uganda and the entire globe. There is a time to be 'gathered' and a time to be 'scattered'! In the beginning of Acts, the church was gathered, but as persecution and needs arose, the church began to be scattered.. hence the spreading of the gospel. And so, we need to be gathered but we also need to be scattered in order that his Gospel is spread and His name made famous to 'the ends of the earth'. Just today after church, God reminded me that the 'harvest is plentiful but the workers are few'. The reminder came as I was watching BBC world news and a brief clip came on about a spiritual/cultural festival occurring in Nigeria where a young female figuratively 'marries' one of their worshipped gods... Everyone participates in this festival, hoping that their small offering will grant them good luck and prosperity from the 'god'.. Aarhh.. It just saddened me! And not necessarily fault on their part, but if they only knew that there is TRUE HOPE! And this hope is not wishful thinking or random luck, but the assurance of a personal, intimate, eternal relationship with the TRUE creator of heaven and earth! And so, imagine how even one community could be transformed if their spiritual eyes were enlightened to TRUTH!

The devil is a roaring lion, seeking those whom he might devour! He is the father of lies, seeking to STEAL, KILL and DESTROY! And while there are those who are living without the knowledge of Christ's forgiveness and salvation or living in conscious denial of Christ, the devil is happy. BUT, Jesus came that we might have LIFE.. and not just survival, but LIFE TO THE FULLEST! But we the church know that joy and as a result we are living in the abundant Grace of being His chosen children, adopted as His own, experiencing eternal life, starting today! I often wonder, how would I be different if I had been born into a muslim family or buddhist family?? But (only) by the grace of God, I have been blessed with the GREATEST family ever! (Yes, I may be biased.. but its true! lol). Never have I not known the love of devoted parents who both modeled what it meant to walk with Christ personally, but then to love each other and us as Christ first loved them. wow! Did I do anything to deserve it? No! 'For while we were still sinners Christ died for us'... the love of Christ was.. and is.. extravagant, undeserved and life changing! I am blessed.. and may I never forget it!! BUT.. WITH GREAT PRIVILEGE COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY! I may have said this before.. but WE ARE BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING! WE'VE BEEN GIVEN LIFE, THAT OTHERS MIGHT EXPERIENCE THAT SAME LIFE! And as Christ has redeemed us, we have that privilege of declaring that redemption to others.

And as we talk about being the hands, feet and voice of Christ, there is one verse that has become so close to my heart while challenging me at the same time! I shared this recently with a friend because this is true of her.. 'They will know that you are my (Christ's) disciples when you love one another'... It is easy to let the 'flesh' rule our daily moment by moment decisions/reactions/feelings when our plans get changed or someone hurts us or when we're running late or when someone cuts us off in traffic (btw.. never again will i complain about Aussie traffic!! lol.. It is a 'normal' practice to cut each other off in traffic in UG! Staying in lanes?? Where are the lanes? If there's no lane, make one! lol.. ) etc. I too struggle with this. It's so easy to sing in church on Sunday 'I worship you.. I surrender.. I lay my life for you.. etc'.. but when LIFE hits us in the face, are our actions or reactions seen by God as 'worship'.. as honouring to Him?? Worship is our moment by moment expression to our God, as we're driving to work, buying groceries, having our morning coffee etc.. May we as the body of Christ be EXTRAVAGANT in our LOVE toward others.. GENEROUS with our time, talent & treasures.. and WHOLEHEARTEDLY sold out for the 2 most IMPORTANT missions in life.. 1) BRINGING GLORY TO GOD! (ie. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength) and 2) BRINGING GLORY TO GOD BY LOVING OTHERS (ie.. and love your neighbor as you love yourself!)

Wow.. So this has turned out a little different to my first intentions! So, where am I at? As I said in the beginning (before I got side-tracked), God was serious when He asked me to walk one day at a time! Yes I have been with Watoto for a month now, but in that I actually did not know how long I was meant to be volunteering with them. I actually did not come here with that intention but God opened that door and directed me to walk through it. Even my accommodation has been a weekly, sometimes daily walk of faith! But GOD IS FAITHFUL and I have been AMAZED again and again at how God provides .. yes it might feel like it is at the LAST minute, but not only is God FAITHFUL, His timing is also PERFECT! I have stayed with Barbara & John, then Equatoria Hotel, then Adonai Guest House, then Racheal's place, now back to Barbara & John's... As I said, revelation moment by moment! And so, it has truly stretched me and taken me to a deeeeeeeper level of dependence and trust in Him! He desires that we walk WITH Him.. not simply 'check in with him' now and then.. So from that point of view, I am loving it! Yes, there are times when I get a little frustrated at my inability to plan, but God knows my heart and I am grateful that He is both gracious and patient!

But at this point, things have taken a turn (for good!).. I was on Skype (as you do!) on Friday night talking with friends of mine who said they would pray for me re: direction bc I really needed to make some decisions for this coming week. Well at 1am (God tends to speak at this time for some reason!!) to my shock, it was as if God opened my eyes and revealed the plan for the next 6 weeks! And as I looked at the date, it was exactly half way through my time here.. to the day! I feel like He has revealed the general plan.. the specifics I'm sure will fall into place when needed. It's a little crazy but I don't think I've ever been so excited to simply know what I'm doing 3 days in advance! So here's the approx plan..

Tues 28th Oct-11th Nov: Take a LOOOONG bus from Kampala, Uganda to Musoma, Tanzania to spend 2 weeks with friends, Jono & Amy Vink (& kids). I can't wait!! God has been so gracious to let me visit them 3 times since 05! They are just precious and I'm looking forward to hanging out with them!

13-26th Nov: Cape Town, South Africa!! This is somewhat random, but it feels right at this stage. At conference Dad and I met a guy called Anthony who is a pastor in Cape Town, looking to model Watoto in Cape Town! We talked for some time.. after which he invited me to come down. Initially I thought I 'can't do that'.. but the thought has not left me since. I've been praying about it and a this stage I feel led to go. Have I booked flights yet? No.. bc I want to be sure it's His will not mine, but I'm at least moving and walking in that direction. I don't even know him very well but I have come to love the unknown and watching God unfold his plan..

26-30th: Back to Kampala to spend the last few days with friends at Watoto, saying goodbye's etc etc...

So there you go... It might seem a little vague to you but to me this is AWESOME!!!! To me this is A LOT of information, compared to what I've had til now! But I also acknowledge and am open to the fact that this could all CHANGE tomorrow and I must be ok with it! So I have learnt to HOLD THINGS LOOSELY.. and let GOD GIVE AND TAKE AWAY as He sees fit! Certainly an adventure in the process! Maybe I better get used to this.. Maybe this is God's plan for my life.. to go as He leads, when He leads, not knowing where he is leading but trusting that HE is the one leading! Phew. wow! I think I just spoke to myself! lol

Anyway.. this has once again expanded!! But if you have made it this far - Goodonya! Maybe next time I'll warn you to go and grab a cuppa first BEFORE you sit down! Well I know this is open for anyone to read, but my honest prayer is that wherever this finds you, that God would encourage your heart and remind you of His EXTRAVAGANT love for you. that when he was creating and forming the world in which we live, YOU were on His mind and He takes great DELIGHT in you! Be blessed as you trust Him in faith, knowing that HIS PLANS ARE THE BEST PLANS!

Thank you for your friendship, however old or new, for I truly believe that it is God who draws individuals together and creates divine connections, that His glory may be seen and our hearts enlarged with His complete and unconditional love, expressed through one another.

Keep on keeping on.. He loves you!

Walking and waiting in Faith.. BEC

1 comment:

Dylan Brandon said...

I had the pleasure of working closely with Benjamin lee for several years as business partners. During the time that Ben served as the Mortgage Representative for my home also for my business financing and he helped me closing off loans which really helped me in my business today, we were consistently far above goal and this can only be attributable to Ben hard work. I appreciate your hard work also big thanks to your team for helping me with a loan to grow my business. If you are looking for a loan in any such kindly contact Mr Ben on  247officedept@gmail.com or talk to him on whatsapp    +1---989-394-3740 . Mr Ben is an honest loan officer working with a huge number of investors willing to finance any project.Thankfully, over time our relationship grew beyond wok and I’m still happy to call him a trusted friend.