Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wow, Wow, Wow!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 9:26pm

Yes, this is just a short note, but I couldn't help but reflect on the extravagance of God's goodness! I am in Cape Town and just feel like incredibly blessed... in such abundance! I feel like His grace is pouring down and my cup is truly full and overflowing! And even if all wasn't going as well as it is.. God is still awesome and amazing and worthy of worship! His acts of grace just remind of that unchanging truth! I just know I need to be here.. I often find myself doing things that make me say 'What on earth am I doing?' because it does not necessarily make sense, but I have great joy in knowing that God's plans don't always make sense in our human understanding. It really is best just to follow.. even when you don't know the way. Actually.. we might not know the way.. but we DO know THE WAY, THE TRUTH & THE LIFE.. Christ Himself who lives in us!

Just quickly.. This week is unfolding and blessing me moment by moment. I met with Pastor Anthony yesterday which was awesome to reconnect after conference. It is exciting to see his heart and what God is up to in and through his local church. So tomorrow, I have the privilege (and responsibility) of taking staff devotions with his church staff then tomorrow night he asked me to take the youth life group. I'm not sure what age, how many or anything just yet but praising God for the opportunity! Friday night is their women's conference and Saturday I am involved in their community outreach project which is an orphanage that has been set up by an awesome woman caring for orphaned cerebal palsy kids! Wow! God's on the move! Last night we had an orientation evening for those new people joining the church and then tonight is a social event which will be great to meet some ppl!

But once again, God has reminded me of the value he places on relationships!! Today I have been given a gift! A sweeeet friend of mine from Uganda is actually here in Cape Town! Without knowing each other's plans in advance we both had planned to visit Cape Town.. for different reasons! And so just this morning I met up with her and we are spending the day together seeing Cape Town!! Others would say what a coincidence... but I would say.. God is GOOD!! Wow.. once again reminding me of God's heartbeat for His children! She is staying with me for 2 days.. then going to J-berg. THEN.. without knowing it, we are both booked on the same flight back to Uganda next thursday! crazy..

I just had a few mins in an internet cafe before we headed out. I just realised that there probably was not a serious need to write another post so quickly.. BUT.. I just wanted to say God is awesome and continues to surprise me! Maybe I should not be so surprised but then on the other hand.. I never want to get complacent or used to His abundant Blessings!!

Well gotta run.. Love you xoxo

No comments: